Monday, June 7, 2010

The "Extra" in an Ordinary Day

Most days of the year are unremarkable, really, and I think there's a good reason behind it. I mean, if everyday were remarkable, our brains would explode from all the memories and the remarkability of each day! Our minds would probably twist and twist just so it could accomodate everything, haha. Anyway, this day is rather just an ordinary day, except that, it is actually not. Reasons, reasons, reasons:

1. I woke up early because I still have to enlist one more subject but when I went downstairs for breakfast my father announced that we are doing grocery today and asked if I would go with them. Without second thoughts of course, I said yes, and I would just postphone going to school until after lunch. Now, I have to tell you that grocery shopping is actually a major activity in our family - it's so major it's almost sacred. It kind of became a ritual over the years - if someone in the family can't go, we will postphone shopping until everyone's free. That's how important it is for us. So don't tell me I'm some slacker putting off school stuff just like that,haha. So, yeah, today is not ordinary because every grocery shopping day is not to be considered ordinary, at least in our family.

2. I went to school but did not find the people (read: professors and instructors) I was looking for. The weather was hot again and I was wearing this tight shirt that made my ordeal a lot more unbearable. I was sweating, my underarms were sweating! It was awful. Then my back started aching and so as my head. So then, I decided I can't take it anymore and went home. On my way home though, I suddenly felt the urge to buy underwear so I drop by some damned, ancient mall along the way. Hahaha. When I was at the department store, I saw they still have this paul frank underwear I bought last month, but in a variety of different colors! I bought another one and I don't know why I felt extremely happy. Please, don't judge me.

3. I suddenly remembered my ex while I was looking out of the jeepney window on my way home. To tell you honestly, I don't think about him often. I mean, I sometimes remember him, most of those times are when I'm travelling (I can't explain why). Sometimes, I'll just remember him for a few seconds, other times for the whole span of my commute. I can say I really don't have a problem with this though and I even think it was nice to remember him once in a while. This particular time, I thought about him for only a few minutes and I can't even remember what specific thing I was remembering him about. I went on line upon arriving home (okay, after eating two slices of pizza) and was surprised to see a chat message from him(my ex). A part of our conversation went like this:

Him: Hey. What's up?
Me: *****! I was just thinking about you earlier! haha. I'm fine. How are you?
Him: Hehe. I'm good. You know what, yesterday, I was reading your letters in that notebook you gave me. Haha, this is funny
Me: Hahaha. We're still connected somehow don't you think? Haha
Him: Haha

Funny, isn't it? We're so different now and I am hell certain I don't feel anything romantic about him anymore but I have to admit that the connection I had with him was something I still haven't had with anyone else yet, and I doubt I would have with someone else in the future. Really, nothing compares to your first love. HAHAHA.

4. I went home and found 4 slices of pizza left - usually, I would already be lucky if there is still one slice left. Today is really extraordinary. Really. Four slices of pizza left? Imagine that.

5. I finished reading Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood, which I only started yesterday. I can't say it was brilliant because it's just another love story. It's just another love story sans chessiness and cliches so still it was good.

6. My youngest siblings(they're twins) got their hair rebonded or relaxed today and they look really pretty. I sort of envy them though because when I was their age, I don't even have the slightest idea that such treatment exist. Hahaha.

7. My father got so upset because my younger sister mis-sent a text message to him that was supposed to be for one of my other two siblings. Guess what the text message contains? I can't tell you but it was foul and I'm sure my father was hurt. I know I have hurt him, too a lot of times and the truth is, I don't think he deserves such disrespectful daughters (I should point out that I am including myself).

8. Today is officially the last day of my vacation and tomorrow will be the start of my, so hopefully hopefully, last year in UP. School will be a jungle once again and I will have to fight another hard battle - and with this, I'm not pertaining to a struggle with my academics, with the people around me but mainly with myself. I hope I make it out alive. Cheers!

When I think about it, days are ordinary or extraordinary depending on how you look at them. I hope to have more extraordianry days though, even if my head will have to explode because of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment